Sunday, September 9, 2012

One day at a time

Well, tomorrow marks three weeks since my surgery.
I think things are where they should be. My eye appears to be settling down. I am not in as much pain. I still feel like I have a dodgy contact lens in my operated eye which is a bit annoying.
This morning, while two of my three children were still in bed, I showered and walked to newsagent1 (closed) then newsagent2 (closed) and then the Coles Supermarket in search of a magazine my eldest daughter told me featured a photograph of singer, Pink, on fhe cover and an article about my husband's brother who is an author.
Lucy, 7, had told me last night that as part of her ongoing media studies she needed to bring a magazine to school. Well, at that point, I had no magazine and when I read the details of the note on the fridge it was supposed to be a magazine with something relevant to the child.
I guess I could have sent along a mag with a singer or member of the Royal family in it. But when Hannah mentioned she has seen the mag at the friend's house I decided that was it. But my expedition was fruitless and without my sunglasses my eye was killing me..
Sunglasses are permanently attached to my head at the moment. Even when I am watching television I feel I need to rest my eyes and put them on.
I am finding my inability to drive a problem when my children are involved in a myriad of activities. Like Friday when we go to tennis straight after school. It is so much easier to drive. Fortunately, I was offered some lifts from some kind people.
I am still adjusting to the restricted sight in my "bad eye". I walked the kids half way to school today and managed to mis-judge a pole.
I have ventured out for a fundraiing evening and a few wines knocked me around so I will keep well clear of alcohol. I don't think the late night helped, either.
I am gradually trying to build up my tme in front of the computer. I have bumped up the point size on my computer and mobile phone to make reading and writing easier.
I am used to being busy, so I think that has been a problem for me. But I owe it to myself and my donor and their family to give it my best shot.
Which means I best sign off as another round of drops is needed.

No comments:

Post a Comment